Did you know that activities like ziplining can be good for your health?
More specifically, our bodies respond to excitement in much the same way they do to stressful situations: the body releases adrenaline which can actually be very good for you!
Basically, adrenaline is the body’s way of preparing the body for the natural flight-or-fight response. When presented with a dangerous or similarly stimulating situation, our pupils become dilated; our heart rate increases; our palms get sweaty. This is a natural occurrence that happens to everyone.
And these are just a few examples of the effects of adrenaline on the body.
Obviously, overproduction of adrenaline can be a bad thing, just like anything else. But when released through positive experiences like ziplining, skydiving, or thrill rides, adrenaline does several things for us:
- Increased oxygen in the blood
- When the heart rate increases, more oxygen is pumped into the bloodstream.
- Increased lung capacity
- The bronchioles in the lungs relax, allowing more space for air.
- Heightened senses
- Our natural survival instincts kick in, intensifying our five senses.
- Increased strength
- Ever read about a parent who frantically shoved a car from a train track to save their child inside? That’s adrenaline!
- Prevent Ageing
- Anti-ageing antioxidants are increased when adrenaline communicates with the molecules of your body.
But these health benefits of adrenaline are just a few of the physical benefits one can get from ziplining.
Experts say that facing your fears completely is the best way to get over them. Researchers at the University of California discovered that tackling a fear at once is more effective than trying to deal with it over time.
So if you’re one of those people who is afraid of heights, ziplining with experts who can ensure you feel safe while also providing you with the excitement of an adrenaline-pumping adventure can help you face that fear!
Thrill-seekers and adventurers alike, enjoy the health benefits of adrenaline with each new adventure. If you’re ready to take on miles of professional ziplining over and through beautiful Belize jungle, contact us today to set the date!